Having been neglected during the wartime years while based at Grantham Shed, numbered as 22 and having been paired with a Corridor Tender, Mallard's prestige was restored with a move back to Kings Cross on 11 April, 1948, the last A4 to regain the Garter Blue Livery. British Railways experimented with their own versions of Blue and on 16 September, 1949, Mallard, now numbered 60022, emerged from Doncaster Works in the new BR Blue for Steam Locomotives.
Produced under licence for SCMG Enterprises Ltd. ô÷ SCMGE. Every purchase supports the museum.
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 4 (1948 - 1956)|
|Operator/Livery||Early BR, Experimental Blue|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|